Messages From Colleen Martin, Principal
Report Cards: Second quarter just ended, so the semester report card contains grades for both first and second quarters as well as a semester grade. Be sure to check your student’s grades at Illuminate Home Connection: https://losd.illuminatehc.com. Call the office for your log in information. Teachers are available 30 minutes before and after school to help students and/or meet with parents.
School Drop Off: Please do not stop in the bicycle lane on 17th Avenue while waiting to get into the parking lot. Students leaving school on bikes need access to that lane. The California Highway Patrol has notified the school that they will be ticketing drivers who pull over into the bike lane, illegally.
Reading: All students took their second AR STAR reading assessment during the first week of January. Students should be reading 30 minutes per night in order to reach their AR goal for the quarter and finish the year with at least one year’s growth in their reading level. Middle school students need your help with signing their reading logs and encouraging them to read every night.
Yearbooks: Yearbooks are for sale in the office for $35. The price goes up February 2 and there will no longer be personalization options. 8th grade parents can order a custom ad @ www.jostensyearbook.com
Parent Survey & Shoreline Open House: Parent surveys will were mailed home on January 9th. They are due by January 26. Our school library will receive $500 from the district if we have 50% parent participation on the survey. Parents can take it on-line @ www.parentsurvey2018.losd.ca (link is also on our school website) or return the paper survey to the office. We are very interested in your input!
Please plan to attend Shoreline’s Open House on Thursday, March 22, 6:00-7:30pm. We will also have our Spring Book Fair in the library.
High School dates for current 8th graders (any grade student is welcome to attend these evenings):
Shoreline students can choose which high school they want to attend through the intradistrict transfer process.
- January 20 through February 15– High School intradistrict transfer priority filing period
- January 31 – Santa Cruz High School Open House for 8th graders 7:00-8:30pm
- February 1 – Harbor High School Open House for 8th graders 6:00-8:30pm
- February 6 – Soquel High School Open House for 8th graders 6:00-8:00pm
- February 9 – Field trip to Levi’s Stadium – Turn in permission slips by Thursday 1/25/18
- February 21 & March 21 – Cypress Charter High School Open House for 8th graders 5:30-7:30pm
- TBD – All Shoreline 8th graders visit Soquel or Harbor
- February 26 – Class presentations from H.S. counselors & registration packets sent home
- March 8, 6:00-8:00pm – Soquel & Harbor Parent Night – Questions about enrollment packet. Complete packets may be turned in during that evening.
- High School Counselors meet with each student during Social Studies period to select classes (parents are welcome and encouraged to attend). Please contact Tierney Long, Shoreline Academic Counselor for questions @ (831) 475-6565 ext. 304
March 8 – Santa Cruz High School
March 12 – Harbor & Soquel High Schools